JOB REF ID:
- At least 5-7 years’ directly related experience in a legal or compliance role in a private equity fund environment or a law firm with a bias for private funds practice where experiential knowledge of relevant rules and regulations and the day-to-day legal/compliance affairs of private funds (registered fund experience would be a plus) would have been obtained.
- An undergraduate degree in Law is required and a Masters’ degree would be an added advantage;
BANKING & FINANCE
A private equity investment management and advisory firm targeting financial services, digital technology, real estate and oil and gas sectors in West Africa – principally Nigeria and Ghana.
- Lead the process in all compliance and regulatory matters including registration with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as other federal securities and international securities laws;
- Preparing regular reports to the investment team and senior management regarding compliance matters;
- Coordinating all legal and regulatory filings with both Nigerian and foreign regulators;
- Reviewing marketing and client materials, including pitch books, regular limited partner reporting, and due diligence materials, with a particular focus on foreign marketing issues;
- Working with the senior management team to ensure that compliance documents, policies, procedures and compliance audit program are current. In addition, to identify and address areas where policies and procedures need to be developed or reviewed;
- Ensuring that best practices in Environmental, Social and Governance policies are being implemented in investment decisions and management;
- Focusing on internal compliance policy review, including ongoing assessments, assisting with annual compliance review, internal audit reviews and ongoing or ad hoc reviews
- Working with external counsel to monitor, and then implement responses to, regulatory developments that will impact the firm;
- Engaging with external counsel on raising and management of firm's funds;
- Assisting in the development and deployment of training materials for all investment officers within the firm.
ETERNAL JOB LINK: